Talbot & truhlsen

law offices

More than 25 Years of Success

Talbot and Truhlsen Law Offices is a partnership of attorneys and professional staff that offers big town experience and expertise combined with the convenience and personal attention unique to small town living. 


Rachel Truhlsen, lawyer


A Nebraska couple who seeks to adopt a child born in Nebraska must have a home study done by a child placement agency, licensed in the state of Nebraska. The home study must be done prior to the placement of the child in the home of the adoptive couple. The child must reside with the adoptive couple for six months before the court can enter a decree of adoption. The decree of adoption will result in the creation of a new birth certificate for the child showing the adoptive parents to be the child’s parents. The child’s name on the new birth certificate will be the name given the child by the adoptive parents.

An exception to the home study requirement is a step-parent adoption. Adoption law is the area of legal practice that provides the opportunity for lawyers to help clients with legal guidance through the adoption process. Before a child can be adopted, the court must sever the legal ties between the child and his/her birthparents. Since this is a legal procedure, it is wise, and in many times necessary, to involve a lawyer. Mr. Talbot is experienced in representing parents at hearings to terminate the parental rights of birthparents. If you are interested in adopting a child, please contact our office as soon as possible to help you understand the Nebraska state adoption laws and guide you through the process.

If you or a loved one are looking to adopt, you need to speak with an experienced lawyer or law firm as soon as possible. You probably have a lot of questions, and chances are you may be afraid of what may happen. Mr. Talbot can help relieve this anxiety and stress. He can evaluate your case, offer protection for you and your ideas, and evaluate the chances your case has at succeeding. The fact is, you won't know until you speak with Mr. Talbot.

183595 Visitors